Registration Fees The registration fee for international choirs is a one-time charge of €250.
The deadline for the registration for Festival Coros de Verão 2020 is 29 February 2020.
These fees are non-refundable and payable upon application to take part in the festival.
Choirs that send in their completed registrations before 31st December 2020 will get an early bird discount of €100 and only pay €150 for registration.
Email us at email@example.com for the latest festival package information.
Please note that individual festival fees still apply.
Application Requirements Every festival application must be accompanied by the items in the list below, failing which the application would not be considered complete.
- A short biography of the choir and conductor (each with a maximum of 15 lines or 1000 characters)
- Photograph of choir and conductor in high resolution (minimum file size of 1 MB)
- Recent choir performance video (YouTube or video files) as an audition for the outdoor performance showcase at Jerónimos Monastery. Selection is based on merit and decided for by an independent panel of choral clinicians.
- Completed application form
- Registration fees
Competition and Performance Repertoire
- List of choir's Competition Repertoire and Performance Time
- List of choir's Concert Performance Repertoire and Performance Time
- English write-ups or translations of songs not in English or Latin
Festival Fee (International Choirs) The festival fee per person (including conductor, pianist and/or accompanying members of the group) is €90 and will include:
- Entrance to Full Day Competition at CCB
- Minimum of 2 Concert Performances at Various Landmarks in Belém
- Choral Clinic with 1 Jury Member
- Meet-the-Jury and Score Reading Session (Conductor Only)
- Entrance to Grand Prix and Award Ceremony
- Festival Guide for official programmes for the duration of the festival (4 days)
- A limited selection of High-Resolution Photographs of the choir (provided for download after festival)
- Final Cocktail on 29 June 2020
- Festival Programme Book
- Official Festival Certificate (1 per competing category)
- Adjudicator’s Written Comments
Accompanying members of the choirs can purchase a spectator pass at €60 per person which gives entry to (Competition Performance, Outdoor Performances, Grand Prix and Award Ceremony, Final Cocktail)
Entrance to Opening Concert and Choral Showcase at Mosteiro dos Jeronimos is first-come first-served based on tickets obtained at the ticket office on the actual show day. No ticket reservation is allowed as concerts are free to attend for the general public.
Terms and Conditions of Payment: The deadline for the payment of the festival fees is on 30 April 2020. After which, any cancellations will incur a 100% cancellation fee with no refund given.
Accommodation, Meals & Travel All meals and travelling expenses (airfare, coach, transfers etc.) are to be borne by the participating choirs. Each choir is advised to take out the necessary insurance coverage to cover all third party risks.
You are also allowed to arrange your own accommodation if you wish to. Alternatively, you may want to approach the festival organisers to help with your hotel arrangements which will include a service fee. Do indicate your preference on the registration form.
2-way Airport transfers are available for reservation at €490 (49-seater). If you require more than 1 bus, additional costs will apply.
Videography and Photography DVD (Optional)
HD Videography and Photography will be taken by our photographer throughout the festival. If you wish to have an original softcopy of all photographs and videos taken of your choir’s competition performance during the festival, you can purchase the full media from us at €190 and a download link will be given to you after post-production is complete. Do indicate your preference in the application form.